Welcome To Bloodthorn Press
Bloodthorn Press is the game design and publishing flip-side to Play Passionately, my blog about my personal gaming preferences. I have designed a few games and I do have a few things to say about design but I want to keep the two projects separate. Here you’ll find the games I’ve designed and notes on my other game related pet projects.
Bloodthorn Press is intended to be a low-maintenance commercial venture. The first phase of that is simply a donation button. If you like my work and feel like contributing, I thank you in advance. I hope to eventually work the games and ideas here into salable books. However, I have a very “it’s done when it’s done” mindset and have no intention of working Bloodthorn Press into a “job” level work load. This is a strictly hobby-for-profit project.
All feedback on the material presented here is welcome and appreciated. If you play one of my games please send me the list of all who participated so that I may credit them in future revisions.
- Bread Mold Might Be Medicine – A game inspired by movies like PAX and Neverwas
- A Dark and Quiet Place – A completely different take on the Silent Hill premise
- Thornes: A Swashbuckling Film Noir About Sex and Violence Dressed Up in Lace and Steel
- The Extraordinarily Horrible Children of Raven’s Hollow
Hacks & Supplements For Other Games
- Spirit of the 18th Century: A Gothic Romance Hack For SotC
- Sorcerer Unbound
- Dirty Secrets of the Mad City (A Dirty Secrets/Don’t Rest Your Head Mash Up)
On The Shelf